Screw conveyors are one of the effective way to convey, wet or dry bulk material along a totally enclosed incline or horizontal length. This can be effective, if it is totally enclosed design, preventing spillage, spewing dust, etc. Screw Conveyor with Feed Hopper, has a lower initial cost than a typical Belt Conveyor, which are available in different diameters, for different application.
Advantages of Screw Conveyors:
- A Screw Conveyors are used as a mixer, agitator or feeder.
- Stainless Steel Screw Conveyors are used in food industries.
- Compact and easily adapted to congested locations.
- Screw Conveyors are cost effective than other material handling options such as belt, pneumatic and drag conveyors.
- Screw Feeders are used to control the flow of material in processing operations which depend upon accurate batching.
- Screw Conveyors are employed in horizontal, inclined and vertical installations as well as multiple screw Live Bottom Feeders.
- Screw Conveyors can be sealed for dust free and vapor tight requirements.
- Screw Conveyors can be made out of a variety of materials to make them corrosion resistant, abrasion resistant or heat resistant depending upon the product being conveyed.
- They can be outfitted with multiple discharge points offering greater system design flexibility
Screw Conveyor types: