How to maintain conveyor systems
Today, as we know and can see changes in our economy, as well as, the economies of the world, each one of us is facing up and downs. In such circumstances, the big reputed companies can manage to change the whole process or the whole unit, and go for a fresh start, to increase their output and manage to make a profit, but the small businesses with old machines at their end are facing a downfall in business. The machines are deteriorating with time due to a lack of maintenance and know-how. So it is time to go for some essential tips. Neo conveyors, being a manufacturer and an exporter, would like to update you. It is rightly said to make our future bright we should work in the present.
- Awareness – Maintaining a conveyor is not an easy task, as the production depends on it. Conveyors are not only in production or manufacturing units, but they to be found in all walks of life. Keeping awareness about the type of conveyors being used in your organization, whether they are as per your requirement. You should be aware of the functioning of a conveyor system.
- Preventive measures – It is our duty to go for preventive measures, which would take care of your machine beforehand. Remember, the individual part of the machine has its own life and should be treated accordingly. You should not try your hands on or involve your expertise, instead should go for skilled technicians, as they know their job.
- Maintenance people – Nowadays, It is almost everyone’s outlook to give importance to the white-collared jobs, but the fact is, that people who deal with the operation of conveyors day and night are the right people to know about the working of machines in the company. They may be supervisors, technicians or mechanics, masters in their own field. If they are well versed with the conveyors and their functioning, they can help machines from being deteriorated, by performing the right action required. The conveyor rectified at that point in time instead, waiting to get work stuck, causing loss to the company. Appoint the right skilled person for the job, who can smell the problem.
- Stocks of Spare parts – Conveyor parts or say any mechanical machine part is not everlasting, they are bound to fail. The demand for the same arises, sooner or later, which must be replaced, to avoid any mishaps or delays in production. It is always better to keep a stock accordingly, of parts failing easily or being used more, which help machine running. If the spare parts are not kept in stock, the delay in their replacement may cause total failure of the conveyor.
- Inspection – Inspection of the unit, keeping eyes wide open to ensure the smooth running of conveyors. A small meeting with the people dealing with conveyors is a must, so that, they reach the management in time and give a report regarding the condition of the unit from time to time, avoiding serious accidents, etc. Make sure the obsolete equipment and parts are replaced. Take a quick decision till the ball is in your court. You should know about the parts used in your conveyors specifically, whether they are still being manufactured and available in the market, to keep stock ready.
- Repair – Repairs must be taken seriously, not just passing time or fiddling with the situation. Repair should involve repair in the right direction, of the right part, replacing or repairing of other interrelated parts, simultaneously. Repair takes time but should be properly performed to avoid further problems arising.
Neo Conveyors, we being manufacturers of conveyors finds our duty to keep you aware of the situations and help you cope up with them, accordingly.